You may recall in one of my earlier posts (then again you may not seeing as I only have 3 subscribers and two of those are test emails) I mentioned the Da Brim in this post, for those whose time is too valuable to read the previous post, in a nut shell the Da Brim visor is a hollow brim that fits around your helmet (many types of brims for many types of helmets). The parent company lives the States but there’s an Australian distributor of these hip and happening clothing items, pop over to Dixon Smith Equestrian and browse their items. I was considering riding with a baseball cap underneath my helmet, but that gets uncomfortable after a period of time plus the helmet never sits on your head quite right and it doesn’t stop your neck getting burnt. On the flip side the da brim should also keep rain out of my face. A win win for Ed yayyyy.
I’ll have more to offer once I get the Da brim visor in my hot little hands and go about fitting it to my helmet and trying it out on a commute to work.
Hot off their website:
Our Cycling Classic helmet visor is designed for maximal UPF 50+ sun protection coverage. The largest of our bicycle helmet visor models, the Cycling Classic provides broad 360° sun protection. Use our helmet visor with almost any bicycle helmet to increase your enjoyment of a ride in the cool comfort of shade.
- Requires no changes to your helmet or sticky adhesives
- Air flows freely through helmet vents, promoting cooling
- Helps block glare
- Adjustable front visor angle to see forward while in a head down riding position
- Front strap keeps brim from flopping forward and impairing vision
- Rear brim height adjustment for use with backpacks and mirrors
- Reinforced brim edge for added stability
- Engineered to withstand the wind forces imposed by outdoor activities. Comfortable in combined wind speeds of up to 40 kph (sum of your speed and wind from all directions.) Note: This model is not designed for high-speed downhill descents or performance cycling.
For recumbent riding, add our front stabiliser.
- UPF50+ brim (helmet attachment crown not rated)
- As with other visors, does not provide top of head sun protection
- 90mm front brim contours to 115mm at rear to offer excellent neck sun protection
- Lightweight (weighs about 155 gm.)
- Water Resistant
- 100% Nylon exclusive of decoration
- Hand wash, hang to dry
- One size fits most
- Available in 5 colours: Grey, Blue, Red, Yellow and Pink; all colours with black under-brim
- Made in USA
- Patent # D659292, other patents pending (I have Australianised the wording and measurements.)
- On a side note there is also a stabiliser that bent riders can add to their brims to reinforce the front if needed.