Oztrail Vertex Tent
Well that’s the manufacturer’s spiel on this tent. I bought this tent from Camping World at Mitchell ACT. What I have found with setting this tent up in my back yard.
- The floor IMHO is on the thin side.
- The tent is rated as a 4 season tent.
- The floor has a good lip on it, so no water should get in. I’ll put a measurement in here later. (approx 200mm high) See photo below.
- There is two vents in the roof that you can unzip from inside and on the fly there is a velcro patch which allows air in or out.
- The two entrances (one on each side) can be zipped up with the fabric door or it can just be zipped with just the mesh. Again the fabric can be unzipped from the inside.
- There’s a clip hanging from the centre of the roof for putting any lights up and I’ll test it later to see how much of the light shines through at night or if the two fabric sheets of the tent block it.
- The tent doesn’t need to be guy roped down, as it’s free standing. But if putting the tent up in expected winds then there are plenty of guy rope attachments to the fly. The fly also has a latch at each corner for quick fastening or pulling down.
- On the inside of the fly there are 4 velcro strips for fastening the fly to the cross over poles. These strips are directly beneath the guy rope attachment area on the outer side.
- On the inside, on two of corners there is a small mesh pocket for putting whatever you need during the night.
The Maker’s Blurb: The Oztrail Vertex Tent is one of the Outer Limits range of high performance, lightweight tents designed for the budget conscious but serious hiker.
The Oztrail Outer Limits Vertex Tent will keep you comfortable and protected in any conditions and as they pack down small in size and weight, they are suitable for carrying in your backpack.
• The cross-brace design of this 2 person dome tent creates ample room inside with the bracing pole extending over both entrances.
• This design and the integrated high tensile “Durallium” alloy poles means the Vertex is a sturdy and strong yet lightweight tent.
• The floor is also lightweight but puncture resistant polyester “Taffeta DuraWeave”.
• The fly is made from 68 Denier Ripstop polyester with a water rating of 3000mm.
• Further minimising the weight the insect proof mesh is Ultra-fine 50×50 No-See-Um mesh.
• The Vertex comes in a waterproof dry sack ensuring that it remains dry
even when you’re not.
Floor Dimensions: 230x160cm
Floor Material: Polyester Taffeta DuraWeave
Fly Canopy Material: 68 Denier Ripstop Polyester
Height At Peak: 105cm
Packed Size: 160x39cm
Pole Material: Durallium alloy
Sleeping Capacity: 2 person
Waterhead Rating: 3000mm
Warranty: 1 Yr